How to use the library while we're closed
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a library card?
How do I access the eLibrary and other online resources?
How do I order library materials?
How do I get my books?
How do I return my books?
Will I be charged fines?
Are you still offering programs?
What about my exam?
We've got you covered. Whether you'd like to renew or sign up for the first time, library cards are FREE! Visit our membership page to sign up.
eBooks, eAudio, eMagazines, newspapers, and homework help are all available with your library card. Visit our eLibrary page to find out everything we have to offer without even coming through our doors!
We have a wide variety of books, DVDs, and audiobooks available to you! Unfortunately, our Alberta Wide Borrowing is currently suspended, but we look forward to offering that to you again soon! In the meantime, you can call or email us with your book requests and we'll do our best to find specific titles or appropriate items for you off our library shelves. Once we have found your books, we will give you a call and arrange to get them to you!
Here's how to let us know what you need:
1. Visit our catalogue page directly. Choose our library from the drop down menu (top left).
2. Login with your account (top right), using your barcode and PIN. (Your pin is the last four digits of your phone number.)
3. Narrow your search using the limiter bar (left side), selecting Hughenden Public Library.
4. Local Availability 1 (of 1) means that we own a copy, and it's on the shelf.
5. Select Add to my List.
6. Scroll to the top of the page, you can select My Lists and choose the list you created.
7. Once you've created your list, first email it to yourself, then send us a forward of that email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number and library card number.
8. We will call you when your items are ready for pick up.
Curb side pickup
Let us know what you want from our collection, or ask us for suggestions. Email is always good, we'll be answering phones between 1-4 PM on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. We will schedule a time to meet you at the front door with a bag of goodies.
1. We will check out your materials and have them ready in a bag placed outside our front door (we'll keep and eye out for you). Please make sure you stay in your car or by the street until we have gone back inside.
2. Pick up your books and enjoy! We always recommend wiping materials for extra safety.
We will still accept materials in our book drop. However, if you are unable to return them, any materials due during our closure will not accumulate fines.
You will not be charged fines when your books are due during our closure. Parkland Regional Library is doing their best to automatically extend due dates so you don't see fines accumulating.
Check out our Facebook page for ongoing program updates!
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate exams at this point and are unsure when we will be allowed to open again. If you had an exam scheduled, please contact your school to arrange other accommodations.